Selecting the right fruits and vegetables for the purpose of carving can be difficult. If you do not select the right fruits and vegetables for carving it can result in a disaster.
Following are some tips for selecting the perfect organic fruit Brisbane and vegetables to carve:
- If you have selected shallots and onions for your carving project make sure you purchase wrinkle free and fresh produce. The produce should be either medium or small in size.
- Go with medium sized radishes and make sure they are fresh and firm for best results.
- For carrots, make sure they are not too small or large in size and should be straight.
- There are different types of cucumbers available in market but tang ran and tang kwa are usually used for the purpose of carving. Tang ran is bigger in size than tang kwa but latter one has firmer flesh.
- Another fruit that is commonly used for decoration and carving is tomato. When purchasing tomatoes ensure that you purchase similar sized tomatoes that are firm and have no wrinkles.
- You should get pumpkins with a rough exterior as they have firm flesh and easier to decorate.
- When selecting leeks and spring onions make sure they are not discoloured and look fresh. Go with medium sized produce.
- Make sure that you do not purchase fully ripe cantaloupes as they are difficult to carve. Also make sure they do not have wrinkles.
By using the above-mentioned tips while purchasing, you can reduce the amount of time you spend on carving process.